Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Story 10- Hurricane Katrina | StoryCorps

Hurricane Katrina | StoryCorps

This story is about a Hurricane Katrina victim and his family. I think that this story was also one that was a bit difficult to listen to because the man is telling the story about losing his family.

It makes me place myself in his situation and makes we wonder what I would do and how I would even move past the fact that my family was gone. What makes this story so sad in my opinion is the fact that he not only lost one family member but multiple! He says that he was the only one who was able to get out of the house. He lost his wife, daughter, and mother in law. It is kind of difficult to listen to because you hear his voice crack and you feel his pain and emotions along with him as he tells his story.

It makes me thing about how I would try to handle the situation and I don't think that I could be as strong as he is. He has to push himself everyday to move past it and what caught my attention about this story was when he said that he used to live for his family and what not and now they're gone. I cant even imagine what that would be like. Its a terrifying story if you place yourself in his shoes.

Although it was sad, I really liked how you feel his emotions and you know that what he is saying is coming from his heart, form pain and his own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment